Friday, October 31, 2008

Nothing but pure Frustration

I don't think that anyone understand student teaching is like until you have been through it. In all actually, all the stuff that you have to do as far as the student part in student teaching, almost made me not go into teaching. As if teaching a class and preparing my lesson, grading 120 students * 3 assignments= 360 a week is not enough for teaching. I must create a portfolio (which is not the bad part), but writing 11 pages total over each standard(11), another 5 pages total over 5 observations I still have to do, write a journal everyday, and create lesson plans each day with 3 different objectives.

Now, I understand writing lesson plans. That is just for preparation for teaching. But what I do not understand is the journal, and the 16 pages of writing. I just am pure frustrated. What am I really going to get out of this but just a feeling of relief that it is done? I just do not see the purpose of it beside for the fact that the college educators say that we did something. These are tacts that you use to use up time. I DON'T have any time! I don't even remember the last time I had a day to relax. Weekends are full of work. Even the day of the Lord, cannot be a day to to rest like He did.

Now, I don't know if any other student teacher has a problem like I do. But for me, I was held back for a reason, and it was not just for the heck of it. It was because I can do the work that is not a problem, but it takes me longer to get tasks done, and when you overwhelm me with this much work, it seems impossible. I have never used this reason for anything to hold me back. But just like a teacher in school, you need to observe your students and the areas of struggles. You confront those student and find out what the deal is, and sometimes you need to make accommodations so that those students can get the most out of their learning. Otherwise you get the learned helplessness, and get people like me that become so overwhelmed and just give up. That is to where I am I just want to give up on my portfolio, because it just seems like there is too... much to do.

No comments: